Explore Food & Farming with Countryside U!
Countryside U is an educational program designed to inspire and inform gardeners, home cooks, farmers, and food producers in Northeast Ohio. Our
classes cover topics ranging from DIY skills like home breadmaking and fermentation to more advanced topics like managing a farm business.
Whether you're looking to start your first vegetable garden or you're an experienced grower ready to take your business to the next level,
we'll help you get your hands dirty. All classes are led by experienced instructors and held in the greater Akron area.
15-Nov-2016 Countryside Local Food Swap - November 2016
Countryside Local Food Swaps are gatherings of cooks, bakers, brewers, growers, and general DIYers; they bring homemade and homegrown items to swap via silent auction style bidding. Visit the Countryside Local Food Swap page (http://www.cvcountryside.org/learn-countryside-local-food-swaps.htm) on our website to le.. Click For More Info 100365
Here's what's coming
- Exploring the Small Farm Dream: Is farming right for you? Fall 2016
- Farm Business Series: The Business of Business Planning & Finance - Winter
- Farm Tech Series: Weeds, Equipment, Fencing, FSMA - Winter
- Crafting Cocktails series - learn to craft different concoctions at every class! - Seasonal
- The Art of Food - Expressions of food beyond the palate
- Countryside Kids - Youth learning around healthy Eating at the Countryside Farmers' Market at Highland Square
Check back for dates and details!
To stay up to date...