Explore Food & Farming with Countryside U!
Countryside U is an educational program designed to inspire and inform gardeners, home cooks, farmers, and food producers in Northeast Ohio. Our
classes cover topics ranging from DIY skills like home breadmaking and fermentation to more advanced topics like managing a farm business.
Whether you're looking to start your first vegetable garden or you're an experienced grower ready to take your business to the next level,
we'll help you get your hands dirty. All classes are led by experienced instructors and held in the greater Akron area.
25-Aug-2016 The Katz Club Diner - A BBQ Popup for Countryside
August 25th, 2016
The Katz Club Diner,1975 Lee Rd., Cleveland Heights OH 44118
Join Chef Doug Katz as he hosts a one of a kind food event in support of Countryside. Taking place in the historic 1948 diner car, this fun and festive setting will be certain to make a memorable eating expe.. Click For More Info 92510
11-Sep-2016 Akron Farm and Flea
Countryside Conservancy is proud to partner with Crafty Mart to co-manage Akron Farm and Flea in 2016!
Join us on the second Sundays of June, July, August and September from 10am-2pm for a mix of great local food and hand-crafted goodness in front of our warm and welcoming hosts, Urban Eats in downtown A.. Click For More Info 76913
03-Oct-2016 Exploring the Small Farm Dream Fall 2016
This highly rated four-session course will take a small group of participants through the process of setting personal and farming goals, assessing available resources, and developing an action plan to guide next steps. Along the way, participants will take a close look at the realities of working for themselves an.. Click For More Info 92606
Here's what's coming
- Exploring the Small Farm Dream: Is farming right for you? Fall 2016
- Farm Business Series: The Business of Business Planning & Finance - Winter
- Farm Tech Series: Weeds, Equipment, Fencing, FSMA - Winter
- Crafting Cocktails series - learn to craft different concoctions at every class! - Seasonal
- The Art of Food - Expressions of food beyond the palate
- Countryside Kids - Youth learning around healthy Eating at the Countryside Farmers' Market at Highland Square
Check back for dates and details!
To stay up to date...