What Is Farm Viability?
Farm Viability is centered around increasing the efficiency and sustainability of your farm operation. This can be explored through many venues including:
- Economic Viability - farm business planning and low interest loans & grants
- Environmental Integrity - utilizing best management practices and completing a whole farm comprehensive management plan
- Expansion Opportunities - land, capital, and training availability
- Enhancement Options - value added products, niche markets, diversification, and modernization.
- Enabling Legislation - food and farm policies have a significant impact on farm operations
Need a website for your farm operation?
Small Farm Central is working to bridge the gap between rural food producers and urban consumers by allowing farmers to easily and cost effectively set up their own farm web sites. Small Farm Central will also help small-scale farmers to market their farm and products on the web.
Need to Write a Farm Business Plan?
Countryside Conservancy offers a low-cost farm business planning short course.
"Entrepreneurial Farming; Part of the Plan for Prosperity in Northeast Ohio"
In 2008, The Farmland Center merged with the Countryside Conservancy. "Entrepreneurial Farming; Part of the Plan for Prosperity in Northeast Ohio" was a project of The Farmland Center and was written by Mary K. Holmes. This special report highlights some of the activities and opportunities in Northeast Ohio. This report was the recipient of 2008 Outstanding Project Award from the Ohio Environmental Education Fund.