How to Become a Vendor
Thank you for your interest in participating in the Countryside Farmers' Markets! Our markets are producers-only, seasonal markets managed and operated by the Countryside Conservancy. 2014 marks our tenth market season in Peninsula, and our ninth season in Akron.
If you are interested in being notified when the applications become available for the 2014 season, please follow the link to join our waiting list. Also, please familiarize yourself with the process outlined below.
Countryside Farmers' Market Locations, Dates and Hours
Countryside Farmers' Market at Howe Meadow
Saturday's 9:00 A.M. to Noon. May 10-October 25, 2014
4040 Riverview Road, Peninsula
Countryside Farmers' Market at Highland Square
Thursdays 4:00 P.M - 7:00 P.M. May 29-October 2, 2014
Conger Avenue and W. Market Street
- Download and Read Guidelines: Vendors interested in joining the market for the first time should download the Countryside Farmers’ Market Vendor Handbook here. Please read the guidelines thoroughly. All the essential information on market fees, vendor acceptance criteria and market rules are explained in detail in this document. If there are remaining questions after reading them, contact market staff at 330.657.2542 or via e-mail.
- Apply: Submit your application prior to the deadline. (The application period for the 2014 farmers' market season will open in late January; to receive an application when they are available, join our waitlist here.)
- Submit Samples/Schedule Farm Visit: All prospective vendors wishing to bring value-added or ready to eat products to the market must submit samples for a juried review along with their application. If the items are extremely perishable we will make arrangements for you to submit them immediately prior to the application review meeting of the Countryside Farmers’ Market Advisory Committee in late March. Farmers new to the markets should contact the market manager to schedule a mutually convenient time for a farm visit.
- Applications are Reviewed: Applications will be reviewed by the Countryside Farmers’ Market Advisory Committee in late March in accordance with the criteria outlined in the Countryside Farmers’ Market Guidelines. The number of spaces at CFM is limited. The precise number of spaces will be determined by the market manager, as will allocation of specific spaces to specific vendors.
- Notification: Prospective vendors will be notified as quickly as possible after the committee meets as to their acceptance or denial.
- Remit Market Membership Fees: Once accepted, vendors will be required to submit their membership fees and all necessary paperwork prior to the market’s opening day. Vendors will not be permitted to participate in the market until all necessary paperwork and fees are received.
- Market Begins: Prior to the market’s opening day, the market manager will contact you with detailed information on arrival and set-up procedures.